A healthy, gourmet, home-cooked breakfast made with fresh local ingredients is served in the dining room of the main house or on the outdoor deck overlooking the stream.
Refresh yourself in our outdoor in-ground 40-foot swimming pool and enjoy walking, running, or skiing on our 3 km of fitness trails.
All rooms are outfitted with down duvets and high quality linens.
GPS Coordinates: lat-44.0340 long-78.7141
The STONE COACH HOUSE also offers the following additional services/amenities for cyclists:
- Luggage transfer option and assistance, for a reasonable charge
- Secure daytime bike lock-up
- Single-night stays permitted
- Laundry facilities
- Access to Wi-Fi network or an Internet-connect computer
- Booking service for next night's stay with a Welcome Cyclists Network participant
- Guest transportation, if necessary
- Take-away/bagged lunch option or directions to nearby location to purchase
- Outdoor space and hose for bike cleaning
- Use of environmentally responsible practices and products
- Early checkout option and/or breakfast option
- Accessibility to and knowledge of nearest public transpotation node
- Phone number to check weather conditions
Featured Cycling in Ontario
Cycling in Lanark County is a popular cycling spot. An increasing number of cyclists are finding their way to the County for longer road rides, short touring loops, trail riding, special cycling events and tours. A number of mapped bicycle routes provide cyclists with the option of following quiet country roads, off-road trails, or the Rideau Canal heritage waterway. Lanark County’s proximity to Ottawa, Kingston and the Toronto–Montreal corridor enables cyclists to easily plan a route that will take them through scenic landscapes and into welcoming towns and inviting communities.
Explore the breathtaking scenery of the Haliburton Highlands through a network of on and off-road cycling routes. With over 600 lakes, numerous rivers, and the rolling hills of the Canadian Shield, there is ample topography and scenery to enjoy. Cyclists can also explore the area's flourishing artist studios and charming villages. Bordered at the north by Algonquin Park, the Highlands features extensive mountain biking trails and a network of quiet roads. Lucky bikers may catch a glimpse of the Highland Wheeler, a phantom cyclist who roams the roads of the Haliburton Highlands.
Southwest Ontario - Elgin, Oxford & Middlesex
With relatively flat agricultural land, picturesque lakefronts and meandering rivers, as well as quaint country towns, Southwest Ontario offers cyclists experiences of all kinds.