A healthy, gourmet, home-cooked breakfast made with fresh local ingredients is served in the dining room of the main house or on the outdoor deck overlooking the stream.
Refresh yourself in our outdoor in-ground 40-foot swimming pool and enjoy walking, running, or skiing on our 3 km of fitness trails.
All rooms are outfitted with down duvets and high quality linens.
GPS Coordinates: lat-44.0340 long-78.7141
The STONE COACH HOUSE also offers the following additional services/amenities for cyclists:
- Luggage transfer option and assistance, for a reasonable charge
- Secure daytime bike lock-up
- Single-night stays permitted
- Laundry facilities
- Access to Wi-Fi network or an Internet-connect computer
- Booking service for next night's stay with a Welcome Cyclists Network participant
- Guest transportation, if necessary
- Take-away/bagged lunch option or directions to nearby location to purchase
- Outdoor space and hose for bike cleaning
- Use of environmentally responsible practices and products
- Early checkout option and/or breakfast option
- Accessibility to and knowledge of nearest public transpotation node
- Phone number to check weather conditions
Featured Cycling in Ontario
Windsor Essex Pelee Island
Essex County sits on the edge of the Great Lakes in the southern-most region of Canada. Its warm summer temperatures and mostly flat farmland make it an attractive destination for cyclists.
Surrounded on three sides by water, the warm humid weather is perfect for growing grapes and Essex County has become one of the premier wine regions in Canada. Pelee Island is a popular tourist destination and its quiet back-country roads and excellent sightseeing are perfect for the recreational cyclist. Windsor was recognised in 2011 as a 'Bicycle Friendly Community'.
With its proximity to Detroit and the United States, the area has always been a busy transportation corridor. Many of the original rail lines have been abandoned and are slowly being turned into multi-use recreation trails. One of these is the scenic 48km Chrysler Canada Greenway. Also launched summer 2013, the new Lake Erie Waterfront Trail will enable cyclists to follow the shorelines of Lake St Clair, the Detroit River and Lake Erie, connecting to a 1400km cross-provincial trail.
Southwest Ontario - Elgin, Lambton, London, Middlesex & Oxford
With relatively flat agricultural land, picturesque lakefronts and meandering rivers, as well as quaint country towns, Southwest Ontario offers cyclists experiences of all kinds.
Grey County offers cyclists a chance to experience spectacular views and scenery combined with a variety of communities, small towns, and unique businesses well acquainted with welcoming visitors of all types, including those on bike. Enjoy a peaceful ride through flat waterfront trails along Georgian Bay or challenge your legs with off-road trails or steep roads up the Niagara Escarpment. For a jaunt through the past, follow the Tom Thomson trail or the Underground Railroad route. With numerous trails, road routes, and mountain biking in the area as well as in neighbouring Bruce and Simcoe Counties, Grey County is a cycling hub.