Normac Trail Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve - Credit: Barb Lant/haliburtonforest.com
21. If you haven't heard there are over 300 km of forest access roads and multi-use trails with detailed trail maps to assist with route selection in Haliburton Forest and Wildlife Reserve. Camping available on site.
22. Conquering an EPIC trail while Mountain Biking in Ganaraska Forest.
23. Pair your trip to Ottawa for the 150th Celebrations by taking family and friends on a 7.5 km sightseeing route throughout the Capital Region that is suitable for recreational riders.
24. Push yourself this year and train to ride in Canada's largest Gran Fondo, PwC Epic Tour Halton, along the Niagara Escarpment in Milton.
25. Explore one of Canada’s oldest settlements in Sault Ste. Marie along the 22.5 km, multi-use, non-motorized Hub Trail. The circuit has an audio tour component with accompanying activity book to keep both the kids and curious amused.
26. Enjoy an Ontario Signature Experience on the Apple Pie Trail's Pedal & Paddle Adventure, a 40 km self-guided ride in Grey County and a paddle down the Beaver River.
27. Enjoy summer Sunday Bikedays while cycling along car-free roads in Canada’s Capital Region, including over 50 km in Ottawa and Gatineau Park and along the UNESCO World Heritage Designated, Rideau Canal.
28. Make the most of the August Long Weekend, on the 3-day fully supported, 1000 Island St. Lawrence River Ride and Ontario By Bike Ride / Small Group Tour.
29. Choose from several weekend-long, legacy itineraries developed from past Ontario By Bike Rides and small group tours.
30. It's called 'Hard Water Cycling' and here is an example of some with Winter Fat Biking on Georgian Bay.
Fat Biking on Georgian Bay - Credit: Peter Isvan
31. Take a multi-day, all-inclusive bike tour on Manitoulin Island, the world's largest freshwater island.
32. For experienced riders, the 380 km Lake Huron North Channel Route between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is an exciting development! The route, from Sault Ste. Marie to Sudbury, will be signed in 2017, but there are ongoing road improvements for cyclists, and for 50 km riders are on Highway 17.
33. Explore the mountain bike trail network in and around Beachburg, Ottawa Valley with one trailhead starting from local craft brewery Whitewater Brewery.
34. Take it from these guys, a two-night, three-day, 225 km bikepacking trip from Uxbridge to Belleville, nearly all on rail trails, will leave you wanting more kilometres to conquer!
35. Nestled on the north eastern shore of Lake Superior, head to Marathon, Ontario for some fun and fast mountain bike trails.
36. Take a full day, guided tour of West Guildford on the Pedal Your Arts – Art Bike Tour in Haliburton Highlands.
38. Take the family out and explore the historic Iron Horse Trail, a scenic and historic route linking the cities of Waterloo and Kitchener along a former railway corridor for over 5 km.
39. Download this 2-day itinerary of riding on a spectacular network of off-road rail trails from Hamilton to Brantford, Paris to Port Dover, with ride ending on the shores of Lake Erie.
40. Ride the Ranney Gorge Suspension Bridge as part of the signed Trent River Truckin' (63 km) route in Northumberland County.
Ranney Gorge Suspension Bridge - Credit: Northumberland Tourism